Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cha Ching $$$

But when the fullness of the time came,
God sent forth His Son,
born of a woman, born under the Law,

so that He might redeem those who were under the Law,

that we might receive the adoption as sons.
Because you are so
ns,
God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts,
crying,
"Abba! Father!"

The
refore you are no longer a slave, but a son;
and if a son, then an heir through God.

Galatians 4:4-7

My mind was somewhere else. I was now next in line at the check-out counter. The grocery was not that busy, I did not have to wait long. The cashier, I thought, was a very pretty girl, and taking care of the purchases of this older man in front of me, they were engaged in a pretty heated argument. I easily caught up with what they were talking about. The old man, feeling a responsibility of educating the young, was saying how we should be thankful to God for all the blessings that we receive from Him everyday. The girl was angry. My chin dropped when her mouth opened, "I don't believe in God!"... suddenly, I cannot find the beauty that I just saw a while ago. The poor old man, hurt and furious, picked up his bags. But before he left, he managed to calmly tell the girl, "I was soldier. I went to war and I met many other soldiers. Some of them were like you... they did not believe. But in the end, hurt and dying, they call on God. And guess what?... I believe that God took them back."

We are entitled to the kingdom... we are His HEIRS.

- no Angel -


4 comments:

  1. Dang, what a touching story! It stole my heart away... clinging to that old man's spiritual wisdom... I admire him for saying the right thing at the height of his anger; at least, he got his message across..."emotional intelligence" is what he got. Thanks for "seizing the moment" and sharing it with us! (BTW, I think you should write a book).

    T of T

    ReplyDelete
  2. T,
    this really happened... maybe a few years back. But for some reason, it has remained in my 10K memory.
    .... and ha, ha, ha, are you being funny? If there's a book I can write, it would be for children.
    Dang S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be great if people realized the presence of God when things are good? His ways are not easy to understand if we use our logic anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeepney sticker: Those that wait for the 11th hour die on the 10th hour.

    - Dutch

    ReplyDelete