Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fireproof

'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD
‘plans for welfare and not for calamity
to give you a future and a hope.
'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me,
and I will listen to you.
'You will seek Me and find Me
when you search for Me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:11-13


I am not a big movie fan so when Bong invited me to watch a rented movie with him, I was not at all enthusiastic, especially with the title "Fireproof". 'Nah, I don't want to watch some show that will just upset me', I told him. But due to his insistence, I did watch and I do not regret it.

The movie was not at all about fires and the misery that go with them. It was about a married couple who were on the verge of a divorce. Through the husband's caring father and the lessons that he taught him, at the end all went well... but it almost did not. The father's 40-day guide for him included a day devoted to prayer which he skipped at first because he thought that was not relevant. But when the realization of God's love was upon him, he started to believe and pray... and everything else fell into place.

God comes to us when we truly SEEK Him.

- no Angel -


2 comments:

  1. Seems interesting. I should look for this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie has been highly recommended to us by my sis-in-law. I am planning to watch it this weekend.

    BTW, Jeremiah 29:11-13 is one of my favorite biblical verses.

    Thanks!
    T of T

    ReplyDelete