Sunday, January 18, 2009

God's Love


  • Winter. From inside my house, where it is warm and toasty, I see God's canvass through the window. So white, so serene. The snow glistening under the brightness of the sun while the now lifeless trees sway softly with the wind. Little animal tracks on the thin white coating on the pavement tell me that there is life outside. But the sun sets quickly. The moonlight shines and the snow shines back. The nights are longer yet they are much brighter than all the other nights. Then the coldness of the season turns bleak and soon wears us out. We look forward to...
  • Spring. The tulips never fail me. By my kitchen door, where the grass do not grow anymore because of the rocks that cover the soil, each spring, these red and yellow tulips bloom. Not born with green thumbs, I want to believe that they bloom for me, made perfect by God's loving hands. Then I see my friend squirrel jumping from the ledge of my deck to the tree that has started to grow some greens. The neighbor's children are now playing outside, the sound of their laughter and the chirp of the birds that has come home after the cold winter, together, is like music. Soon, everything becomes alive and it's time to cut the grass. It is still cold. We long for more warmth and sunshine. We look forward to...
  • Summer. Picnics in the park. Camping in the woods. Swimming in the beach. Just having fun outdoors. The cold season is forgotten... welcome warm sunshine! The days become longer than the nights. Yet, it seems like there is so much more we want to do during the day that we don't want it to end. Then it becomes very hot. The bees take over our picnic tables. The trees has stopped dancing since the breeze that brings the music is gone. We sweat. We complain of the heat. We look forward to...
  • Fall. The air starts to get cooler, a refreshing change after that very hot summer. We watch with excitement as the leaves change colors. The road once lined with green becomes vibrant with the different colors of autumn... gold, yellow, orange, brown, purple, magenta, red. Oh, what a sight! But then the leaves start to fall leaving us with so much to clean up day after day until all the leaves have fallen. And everything seems lifeless. We cannot wait for the whiteness of the snow to cover the lifelessness around. We look forward to... Rewind from the top.
For me, this is God's love. It is the life that He gave me, the excitement of each new season, the beauty of all His creations, the hope that each new day brings, the everlasting life that I look forward to...

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:16

- no Angel -

2 comments:

  1. Nice reflection sis!

    This is very true. Our lives are the complete manifestation of His love. I personally believe that we are offsprings of that love. I also believe that it is the main foundation by which our faith should be built on.

    Tristan V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tristan... now, I am comforted... that I have an audience... now, the fun starts!

    ReplyDelete