Saturday, January 31, 2009

God Loves You!

For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son,
so that everyone who believes in Him might not perish
but might have eternal life.
For God did not send His Son into the world
to condemn the world,
but that the world might be saved through Him.
Whoever believes in Him will not be condemned,
but whoever does not believe has already been condemned,
because he has not believed in the only Son of God.
- John 3:18-18 -


Right after graduation from college, I was one of the lucky few to get hired by the then largest steel complex in Southeast Asia, National Steel Corporation. But that did not happen in a wink of an eye. Like the others, I was subjected to a battery of tests and interviews, the final being a panel interview by five(?) managers. Let me say that it was not the funnest thing to be in... tears, sweaty foreheads (and pits), escalated BPs, weak knees, deafening silence... all the works that spell N-E-R-V-O-U-S. To make the long story short, I got the job! NSC is in Iligan City, an overnight boat trip from Cebu, which was my home. I have never been away from home and it took a lot of adjustments on my part to be 'at home' in this new place. Being an Engineering Management Trainee (EMT) for the first two years of my employment was not easy either. It was a lot of hard work... sleepless nights doing projects, seemingly unending arguments defending the projects, constant fear of rejection at project implementations... all made comfortably normal by the friends that were made along the way. I got married to a fellow EMT, Bong, had children and got settled in a home that we built. We were living a very comfy lifestyle. Ten years, I quit my job, trimming our household income in half, trading my gray shirt jack for short pants and my brain for brawn (I do not mean muscle, I mean the paper towel). I became just MOM. I became unafraid of being left without a maid, I had all the time to take care of my house and my children. I drove them to and from school everyday. I brought them hot lunches to school and I ate with them. I did not miss PTA meetings. My daughter can even volunteer me to dance at the Christmas party because she was sure that I had time for practices. I put down my hard hat to watch my children grow. I sacrificed my very comfy life for a simple one. In other words, I traded my career for parenting. This is how I love my kids... I will die for them.

Without a doubt, in all His power and might, God could have saved His Son, Jesus, from death. Yet He gave Him up for His love for all of His other children, US, so that we can share the everlasting life with Him. God loves us! Just BELIEVE!

- no Angel -


1 comment:

  1. Miss K,
    It was a good choice. Look at your babies now! The steel company is long gone but the kids have grown to be adults you can be proud of. Good job (but not done yet!).

    ReplyDelete