Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nothing is Impossible

Remain in me, as I remain in you.
Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own

unless it remains on the vine,

so neither can you unless you remain in me.

I am the vine, you are the branches.

Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit,

because without me you can do nothing.

Anyone who does not remain in me

will be thrown out like a branch and wither,

people will gather them and throw them into the fire

and they will be burned.

If you remain in me and my word remain in you,

ask for whatever you want

and it will be done for you.

- John 15:4-7 -



There was a visiting priest from India in our parish, St. Cyprian. He had this story to tell... A bishop was summoned to Rome to be in the pope's staff. Before he left, one of his friends, a couple, asked if he could light a candle for them in the Basilica. Not being blessed with any after years of marriage, having children was their fervent prayer. So, that was what the bishop did when he got to Rome. After many years of serving the pope, he went home to India. Visiting his couple friends, he found out that God had answered their prayers. The mother, looking very tired, was holding a baby in her arms while a toddler was tugging at her skirt. Two little girls were fighting over a doll while a playful little boy was jumping all over the couch. When the bishop couldn't find the husband, he asked. The wife replied, "he's on his way to Rome". And seeing the surprise in the bishop's face, she continued, "he's going there to put off the candle that you lighted for us". The point of the story is: there is nothing impossible with God. Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find.... and be careful what you ask for. Have FAITH.

- no Angel -


No comments:

Post a Comment