Wednesday, January 21, 2009

His Plan

For I know well the plans I have for you, says the Lord,

plans for your welfare, not for woe!

plans to give you a future full of hope.

When you call me, when you go to pray to me,

I will listen to you.

When you look for me, you will find me.

Yes, when you seek me with all your heart,

you will find me with you, says the Lord,

and I will change your lot;

I will gather you all together from all the nations

and all the places to which I have banished you,

says the Lord,

and I will bring you back to the place which I have exiled you.

- Jeremiah 29:11-14 -




I was heavy with my youngest child when Bong and I attended the Christian Life Program of the Couples for Christ. Since then, CFC became our way of life. Coming to the U.S. when that child was already 9, we found ourselves in unfamiliar territory... no friends, no family nearby, no household prayer meetings, no CFC brethren. But it did not take very long until we found new friends and reconnected with old friends that were now living in nearby Canada. Frequent phone calls to family closed the gap. Soon, the kids were comfortable in their new surroundings and this new place became home. Yet, there was still a longing that we needed to satisfy. We searched and searched and searched. Calls were made, e-mails exchanged, still the void remained unfilled... we almost gave up. Suddenly, after seven years of seeking, our new little CFC household was formed. Four old CFC members who were complete strangers brought together by the same faith, gathered together by the same God. Today, the family of four couples has grown into ten. He listened to our prayers. We have found what we were seeking. This is His plan and we will continue to go where His plans take us. Our future is full of HOPE!

- no Angel -


1 comment:

  1. I'VE READ YOUR BLOGS.I LOVE IT.THIS IS A GREAT IDEA MISS DANG. YOU ARE A VERY GOOD WRITER.YOU GUESS WHO POST THIS COMMENT. IT'S YOUR FRIEND THAT YOU KNOW."THE ANGEL" THAT JUST CAME BACK FROM THE DARKNESS. IJB

    ReplyDelete