Monday, January 19, 2009

Present

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord.
As high as the heavens are above the earth,
so high are my ways above your ways
and my thoughts above your thoughts.
- Isaiah 55:8-9 -

The days following the holidays were lazy days. Call us couch potatoes, but my family and I would just curl up on the couch and watch movies all day. One of the movies we watched was "Kung Fu Panda". It is a story of a panda who was to become a hero. But before he could become one, he had to train. It is one hilarious comedy with a few lessons in the background of the story. One that struck me was this, from his master (the tortoise): " Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that is why it is called present." While it is true that we have seen the past, we can never know the future because it is all up to God. If we do good today, we might have a better tomorrow. But if it doesn't turn out the way we want it to be, we know that He has His reasons. One thing is sure, everlasting life awaits us. Believe!

- no Angel -


4 comments:

  1. Guol si K nga walay comment diri. Actually I read this blog but its always better to comment to her directly as we share the same bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Payter ang Kung Fu Panda Tita. Nagkuyog mi sa mga YFC pagtan-aw ani sa sine.. haha keep posting. I'll try my best to give out comments.. mao ni akong first! haha

    God Bless!

    Gierad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Gierad... Please also share with (or maybe teach) your mom.

    Tita D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Movie lover daw mi -- pero we did not watch Kung Fu Panda. We will one of these days.

    ReplyDelete